2019-2020 Student Council Body
President: Navindra Singh
- Lead all meetings
- Give assistance, guidance, and praise
- Act as a facilitator during discussion
- Maintain frequent contact with faculty and administration
- Work with advisor on all planning
- Participate in student council sponsored activities/events
Vice President: Aryana Stephane
- Work closely with President
- Assume President’s duties when needed
- Work with President and Treasurer in preparing calendar and budget
- Assist the President in preparing meeting agendas
Tresurer: Valery Calderon
- Oversee council expenses and revenues
- Maintain an accurate and detailed financial record
- Give monetary advice to the council
- Work with President and Vice President in preparing calendar and budget
Speaker of the House: Ada Fernandez
- Keep student body informed of events, fundraisers, and service projects
- Obtain approval for events
- Responsible for communication between schools
- Help maintain student council website
Secretary: Navindra Singh
- Keep an account of minutes at every meeting
- Keep an accurate account of attendance at every meeting
- Help maintain student council files
- Maintain contact information for people who work with the council
- Responsible for “Thank You’ cards
Our mission is to cultivate empowered leaders and bold thinkers that create innovative solutions to problems locally and globally.
One way we live up to our mission is by having an active student council who identifies problems in our community and finds solutions to address those issues.
Currently our Student Council is working on:
- Organizing and running morning meetings, which is a time each day where our whole community comes together to develop our school culture and teach our core values at HPCS (Resilience, Empathy, Accountability, Leadership).
- Organize and plan field trips and events that meet the students needs and address Common Core standards.
- Increase parent engagement by hosting 6th grade Open House events, reaching out to parents to get involved in the PTA and SLT and invite them to community events.